Tuesday 10 June 2014

Royal Engineers Evening Campfire - Fort Langley National Historic Site

Last week, our family got a family tickets to go to Royal Engineers Evening Campfire at Fort Langley BC. I am so excited and looking forward to be there with my family. I know that my daughter will have a lot of fun too. Plus my husband is very busy with his work right now. I am super happy that we have time to do something together as a family.

Fort Langley is not too far from where we live. It is a cute little town that go back far in history. We had such a perfect weather for this outdoor activity. It is too bad that last week, when we went, there was a booking at the oTentik which usually where we will have a campfire. So we have to walk to Marina Park and had a campfire there instead. It was still a lot of fun. Just too bad that we didn't get to enjoy oTentik area which looks really cool!

At the Royal Engineers Evening Campfire, my daughter got to learn how to make a fire. When she heard about that, she was so excited.

 We are just about to start to learn how to make fire.

 She is preparing to use this rope to start up the fire.

Now it is ready! Good job girl!

 Now we are going to start the fire!

 With adult supervision of course. (and help for this little girl.)


 Blow blow blow and look at that smoke!

Here's the fire!

Roasting marshmallow. Fun time.

Yummy.



 Look at this little girl getting ready to shoot a gun for the first time.


 Teaching her to shoot the gun for the first time.

Look at that. Almost got bull eyes. Good job!

Royal Engineers Evening Campfire is not the only one activity that Fort Langley has. I have learned from their website that they also have Voyageur Evening Campfire. To learn more, please visit Parks Canada website.

Over all on that day, we had a great time together. My daughter keep saying that I want to go back again. I want to make fire again. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time. It would be interesting to go there again, now that your daughter is older.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...