Thursday 22 May 2014

Whistlefritx: inspiring young minds French CDs Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. I received no financial compensation for writing my review. This is my completely honest opinion and may be different from yours.

From my experience music is the best way to learn language. When I got an opportunity to review this CD, Allons Danser! Let's Dance!, I was really excited. I love learning languages and would like to pass this along to my children.

My daughter is only 2 and a half. She is at the age were she is trying to speak. English is her first language since she is around many English speakers. Thai is her second language. So far she can understand but she doesn't talk back to me in Thai. I try to expose her to many other languages as well. So when she is around my Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese friends, I asked them to speak to her in their language. I think even though, she might not be able to speak that language but she got to hear many of them that might be benefits to her in the future.


About Whistlefritz:

This company was founded in 2006, by a mother who wants to teach her children a second language. She was motivated by research showing that early childhood was the best time to learn a language, Whistlefritz's founder Heidi Stock set out on a mission to assemble high-quality teaching materials for her children. So far they won 54 awards from many organisation! For more information and to order Whistlefritz products, please visit http://www.whistlefritz.com/.

About Allons Danser! (Let's dance!) CD:

This CD is filled with collection of original tunes and beloved traditional favorites performed by internationally-acclaimed French artists Marie-Louise Desage and Didier Prossaird. It will help you, both kids and adult, to be able to sing along with irresistible rhythms and catchy lyrics that introduce French words and phrases.

My daughter started to dance right away when I turned the music on. She started to sing when she heard Le Vieux MacDonald (Old MacDonald) song. I found myself started to sing along with many songs too. They are very easy and because the same words has been repeat many times until I started to catch them, even though I don't know the meaning of them.

I love that the CD comes with lyrics and vocabulary that were translated to English. After I sang many songs for a while, I want to know what I am singing about. I found that this was very helpful.

On Whistlefritz website also included tips for helping children to learn their second language. There are:
1. Expose children to a second language early when the brain is most receptive to language development.
2. Skip the translation.
3. Teach children a second language using "immersion."
4. Expose children to a second language as spoken by native speakers.
5. Repetition is the key to language learning.
6. Offer an immersion program that is compelling and kid-friendly.

If you are interested for more information, please visit http://www.whistlefritz.com/.

A copy of this CD can be purchased at http://whistlefritz.com/french-cds.html. This CD is suitable for children age 2-7 years old. Selling price is at $14.99.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...