Wednesday 17 April 2013

Rice Seasoning Mix recipe

I went to Asian store yesterday thinking of buying rice seasoning for my husband. There were 3 different kinds but all of them have some of the ingredients that not suit for our family.

So today, I decided to do some research and make my own rice seasoning mix.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup mushroom seasoning (MSG free)
1/2 cup dried parsley
1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon dill weed
2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1 cup almonds, coarsley chopped (optional)

Directions:

1 Mix all together well.
2 Store in airtight container (I use a pint canning jar).
3 When ready to make rice, combine 1 cup rice, 2 cups water, and 3 T seasoning.
4 Cook as your normal.

And never again buy rice mixes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...