A lot of people have heard about Amber necklaces and use them for their babies. I heard a lot about them since I was pregnant with my daughter. But I am not really familiar with them and how they work.
So let's get to know a little bit about Amber with me:
"Baltic Amber is a fossilized resin found in the Baltic Region, primarily in Lithuania. It contains 3-8% of Succinic Acid, long prized for its medicinal qualities. Amazingly, the highest content of the healing Succinic Acid is found in the EXTERNAL layer of the Baltic Amber.Europeans greatly prize beautiful Baltic Amber for its claimed 100% natural anti-inflammatory, pain relieving, and calming properties for babies and toddlers. The healing oils (Succinic Acid) of the Baltic Amber are said to relieve teething pain, tame baby’s irritability, and relieve inflammation in the throat, ear, and stomach.
Authentic Baltic Amber is also used as an anti-toxic and anti-bacterial agent, for headaches, for skin irritations, for bronchial conditions, and for throat and thyroid conditions (along with many other uses).
Baltic Amber is very light-weight, making Baltic Amber jewelry extremely comfortable to wear for both children and adults.
At Sparkofamber.com, we offer only the highest quality Baltic Amber teething necklaces, teething bracelets and anklets, and adult jewelry. All shipping within the United States is fast and free."
I have noticed a lot of my friends' babies wear teething necklaces. I talked to a lot of my friends about the necklace and told me that their babies were always happy. They don't really know how it work, but as long as their babies are happy, that's all they care. I found some more info on Spark of Amber website here.
"In this post, we at Spark of Amber wanted to address common misconceptions that people have about Baltic Amber and Baltic Amber jewelry or Teething Necklaces. Hopefully this post will be helpful as you learn more about Baltic Amber or consider a purchase of beautiful Baltic Amber jewelry.So now I learned that the oils are released through contact with the skin. They also relieve pain, provide a calming effect during stressful times, alleviate teething discomfort, and relieve inflammation in the throat, ear and stomach.
SIX MISCONCEPTIONS BELOW:
1. Misconception: Baltic Amber is made of tree sap. The truth is---Baltic Amber is an 100% natural resin, not tree sap. It is found in Lithuania and the Baltic sea region, and is prized for its beauty.
2. Misconception: A Baltic Amber Teething Necklace is made for chewing. The truth is--- Baltic Amber teething necklace is to be worn against the skin; it is not intended for chewing (although, it is 100% natural/organic Baltic Amber, so it is not harmful in any way). The Succinic Acid in the Baltic Amber is released through the skin’s warmth.
3. Misconception: Baltic Amber worn for teething or pain relief is a new concept. The truth is-- Baltic Amber has been used by Europeans for centuries for pain-relief and as an anti-inflammatory agent. Europeans have also long prized Baltic Amber, and used it for immunity building, respiratory infections, teething, headaches, carpal tunnel pain, and more!
4. Misconception: Baltic Amber needs to be “recharged” in the sun. The truth is-- Baltic Amber should not be left directly in the sun for long periods of time, as this could even be harmful to the jewelry. The Succinic Acid is found in the surface of the Baltic Amber. . .it is naturally in the composition of the Amber, and there is no need to “recharge” it. At Spark of Amber, we also recommend storing your Baltic Amber jewelry in a soft pouch away from other jewelry, and using only a soft cloth to clean your Amber jewelry.
5. Misconception: All Baltic Amber Jewelry is made the same way. The truth is-- Some supposed Baltic Amber is not Baltic Amber, but is fake (which is why all Baltic Amber from Spark of Amber is professionally tested for authenticity). Also, all Baltic Amber Teething Necklaces should be carefully assembled with knots between each beads and a tightly fitting screw clasp. Baltic Amber rings, bracelets, and necklaces for adults should only be purchased from a reliable seller, such as Sparkofamber.com.
6. Misconception: Baltic Amber is found all over the world. The truth is-- At least 80% of Baltic Amber is found in the Baltic region (hence the name Baltic Amber). At Spark of Amber, we only use the highest quality Baltic Amber from Lithuania in our jewelry!"
I always wanted to try it with my daughter so I was really really thrilled for this opportunity to review a baltic amber teething necklace for myself and my daughter!
Matching necklace for me and my daughter
I have noticed that our necklaces have special clasps that are not metal, so no allergies!
"All clasps on our Baltic Amber necklaces are secure screw clasps. We try not to use metal clasps because some people have allergies to metal."
Now we know all the more about Amber necklaces. Would you like to own one?
BUY IT! Check out the Spark of Amber website to view all of the unique jewelry pieces featuring the baltic amber! There are necklaces for adults and babies, as well as nursing necklaces, rings, bracelets and much more! They have jewelry for all ages, both male and female.Lucky for my USA readers, they always ship for free!
My super happy baby even though she is sick.
a Rafflecopter giveaway